There are a few things every good Super Bowl party must have…a group of fun friends, delicious snacks, and, of course stellar beer. A GREAT Super Bowl party, however, will have delicious snacks and the perfect craft beers to complement them. Cavalier’s own, Nikie Cassoni, Key Account Manager in Florida and Certified Cicerone, has some tips on what beers would pair best with some common foods in your Super Bowl spread.
- Ribs – Porter, Founders Porter (Cavalier in IN)
- Buffalo Chicken Wings – IPA, Fat Head’s Head Hunter (Cavalier in IN and OH)
- Queso Dip – Pilsner, Heavy Seas Pounder Pils (Cavalier in FL, IN, and OH)
- Burgers – Pale Ale, MadTree PSA (Cavalier in OH)
- Smoked Sausages – Amber Ale, Bell’s Amber Ale (Cavalier in FL)
- Smoked Brisket – Double IPA, Dogfish Head 90 Minute (Cavalier in OH)
- Crudités – American Wheat, North Coast Brewing Blue Star (Cavalier in FL, IN, and OH)
- Steamed Clams – Wit Beer, Ommegang Witte (Cavalier in OH)
For the Patriots fans, Nikie recommends Lord Hobo’s Boom Sauce; a New England-style IPA, with six hop varietals that create a citrus and tropical fruit finish. And for the Eagles fans, you may want to go ahead and pass out Lord Hobo’s Consolation Prize; a full-bodied double IPA with big notes of pineapple, mango, and honeydew. Consolation Prize is dangerously drinkable and surprisingly mellow. (Lord Hobo is available from Cavalier in FL-IN-OH).
You can find all these brews and more with our beer finder!