Be prepared for National #HotFudgeSundae Day with this adult version of hot fudge sauce!
Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout Hot Fudge Sauce
Recipe by Cavalier Office Assistant Chelle Magin
½ cup Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout
2 TB butter
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 cup semi sweet morsels
¼ cup dark brown sugar
A pinch of salt (more or less to taste)
½ cup heavy whipping cream
½ tsp vanilla (optional)
1. Combine the stout, butter, cocoa powder, semi sweet morsels, and brown sugar in a small saucepan over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until all of the chocolate morsels have melted. Stir frequently.
2. Add the vanilla (optional) and salt.
3. Slowly stir in the heavy cream.
4. Remove from heat. Wait about 15-20 minutes to cool before serving.
5. Refrigerate leftovers for up to two weeks.
· You can add more KBB Stout for a boozier flavor, but the sauce will be thinner.
· Scrape the bottom and sides of the pan as you are stirring.